Portable air conditioners aren’t just a smart option, they’re also a great way to save money and slash the amount of energy you use. In fact, there are many benefits associated with these AC units. For homes that already have central air conditioning, a portable AC unit can help you lower or increase the temperature of a specific area that you or your family members want and if you do not have AC at all, then this portable AC will do the work. Not only does this keep you comfortable, but you will save on energy costs as you do not have to cool your entire home. Cooling a whole house with the goal of keeping one room cool is far less efficient than simply cooling one targeted area. You can also take the AC unit out on trips, where you may have to stay in a hot area with no AC rooms or tents.
Whatever reason you have for starting to consider a portable air conditioner, it’s important that you find the right portable AC for you to make a purchase. To help you find the best portable air conditioning unit for your home and lifestyle, here are the main things you need to know to know about.
There are many types of AC units available with options such as battery-powered fans, evaporative coolers, ice chest blowers, window AC and room AC. To find the portable air conditioner that checks all the boxes, make sure you consider all of these factors during your search.
The difference in cost can relate to a lot of different factors, the main is how powerful the air conditioner is. If you want a portable AC that will cool a large living room space, then expect to pay more than for one that is designed for a small room. Many portable air conditioners also double as heaters or dehumidifiers and some extra features like remote controls or programmable timers.
Air Conditioner Filter
Air conditioners use a lot of energy, so according to Energy Star, about 13% of an average home’s energy bill goes to cooling costs. Make sure you take an energy-efficient unit when considering a portable AC.
Some people buy portable air conditioners with the intention of keeping them entirely in one room, while some want to be able to move their AC unit from room to room or place to place. If you fall into the latter category, then it’s important to choose an air conditioner that you can move easily. Be aware of both the size of the air conditioner and its weight.
Portable air conditioners vent out hot air, which means you will need to keep it close to a window or door or any small opening.
Air conditioners make a lot of noise. It doesn’t matter if it’s a window, ductless, or portable unit, you will experience a little bit of noise from any air conditioner. Even though this noise will be minimal and mostly described as “background noise”, but it does disturb. So, if you want a peaceful sleep or work environment, you can set this as an important factor to consider while buying for a portable air conditioner.
A programmable thermostat lets you set the air conditioner for the precise temperature you want and a timer that will turn off the AC once the room reaches the required temperature. This eliminates the extra efforts to turn it off and also saves energy.
Auto Drain System:
An automatic drain system turns all the liquid from condensation into exhaust so you never have to deal with emptying anything.
A remote control gives you control over the air conditioner from a distance, so you can turn it on and off without getting off the couch or climbing out of bed.
Haier HPND14XHT 14,000 BTU 115V Dual-Hose Portable Air Conditioner with 10,000 BTU Heat Modes
Best Air Conditioned Tent that will make your holidays more fun and safe.
The Haier Air conditioner is a portable AC unit that is perfect for your large rooms. The maintenance is minimal with slide-out washable mesh filter and auto evaporation technologies. It comes with a remote to control the air across the room.
Features and Benefits
- This AC unit is expandable and can recoil anytime you want it too.
- It cools at 14,000 BTUs per hour and heats at 10,000 BTUs per hour, ideal for spot cooling large rooms within a few minutes. This dual horse mode will meet your interior temperature very well.
- Digital time and temperature display are available to show you the exact temperature and set the timing easily.
- Caster roller wheels for easy movement around the house.
- It can cool up to 1200 square feet room easily and effectively.
- This is one of the quietest AC available in the market. Not everyone is fond of loud noises or the deep vibration sound from condensers. This is perfect for those people.
- Dimensions : 15.25 x 17.75 x 29.44 inches
- Weight: 75.1 pound
- Manufacturer: Haier
- Batteries required: 1 Lithium-ion battery
Advantages & Disadvantages
Coleman Cool Zephyr Ceiling Fan with Light
Conquer the outdoors in comfort and convenience with the Coleman Cool Zephyr Ceiling fan with complementary light.
With this portable ventilation and lighting system, you can get the air anywhere in the room. Just attach the magnetic side on the ceiling and run the fan and light however you like.
Features and Benefits
- This is absolutely compatible with most rooms and tents; it will circulate cool air quickly around the room of any size.
- You can attach it anywhere with an included magnetic plate or carabineer clip and then cover it with a steel plate from outside to fix it properly.
- Add light and ventilation to your tent and shelters Fan and light operate independently
- There are two light modes: white, amber night light so that you can adjust the light according to your mood and time.
- You can switch the fan into two speed modes: fast and slow, which will help you to adjust the air circulation according to the environment or your personal need.
- With a single battery, you can use it straight for 24 hours on high and 48 hours in low. This is enough long-lasting for a small trip or camping.
- Blades are soft to touch so that it does not harm children by chance. (Though it is advisable not to get too close when it is turned in high speed).
- Dimension : 7.95 x 8.2 x 6.85 inches
- Weight: 1.5 pound
- Brand: Coleman
- Material: Synthetic
Advantages & Disadvantages
A good portable air conditioner needs to cool the area completely and evenly. It also has to be a lightweight and easy way to carry it to and from the campsite quickly. Each of them we have reviewed is among the best air conditioning units because they have the necessary features required. Depending on the amount of power you need and the price you are willing to pay, there are many air conditioning tents available to suit the camping needs that will be extremely good for you. Better quality AC changes the experience of camping and makes it more enjoyable and comfortable.
We have shown you one portable AC and another portable fan. We would not suggest any 1 of these because both are different and works differently. Now it depends on you, how you will choose it and what you need. Both are extremely good and worth spending your money on.